Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Persistent Little Engineer

I knew this day was coming ... it was only a matter of time.

This morning as I was walking by the fish tank, I noticed the packets of weekend fish food floating in the water. Immediately I sent Boo Boo into a time out ... until I gave the circumstances some more thought. "Did X-Man put those things in the fish tank?" I asked him, and he said, "Yes, Mama." Sorry Boo Boo! =(



Then after lunch, I watched with amusement as X-Man pulled off his little sock. I left the room for a moment, and returned to find the boys gathered round the fish tank, and X's sock floating in the water! I fished it out, put it down, and dragged Boo Boo off to change his Pull-Up. After that, I went to find X for naptime stories, and guess what was back in the tank! =P

I had to get serious now. I duct taped the little door on the hood of the tank closed so X couldn't open it again, and went back to Boo Boo's room for stories. X joined us moments later.

It wasn't until after I got them both down for naps and walked into the living room that I saw what X had put in the tank this time -- my sock! The little stinker had stuffed it through the opening in the back, by the filter!




We have declared that his previously endearing nickname of "Dumpling" will henceforth be changed to "Turkey Dumpling."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! I so apprecaite the pictures to go along with your stories. What a Turkey indeed!

xoxo,
+ luci