Wednesday, December 26, 2007

An Early Return

Due to a series of unforeseen events, the boys and I are back in Texas the day after Christmas. Dear Husband has job interviews in Minnesota for the rest of the week (please pray!) and is flying back with his sister on Sunday; we were supposed to fly with them originally.

Alas, I have learned another hard lesson of detachment in the last few days of this year of growing pains -- detachment from the things I had wanted to do, places I had wanted to go, and people I had wanted to see while in Minnesota. Sigh.

I am missing some lost opportunities in my old home, but I have to say that I'm relieved to be back to my new home. The boys are fed, bathed, and snuggled in their own beds, and I am consoled by the satisfaction of those simple things.

No comments: