Wednesday, December 5, 2007

In Love ... Someday


I love how much Boo Boo loves things.

Every time we walk to the park two blocks away, he stops at a live oak tree across the street and crouches down. He gets on his hands and knees and says, "Oh, wook Mama! Acorns! I wove these wittle acorns, Mama! They even have wittle hats on them!"

Acorns are cute, to be sure, but he even loves quite unlovable -- and even dangerous -- things. While watching his favorite deep-sea nature DVD, he says to me, "Mama, wook at those eews!" (That's "eels," of course.) "They're such cute wittle eews! I wove them!"

Then today, he started something new -- and I don't know where he got this. While watching the same deep-sea DVD he said to me, "Wook! Wook at the fwashwight fish, Mama! I'm going to howd a fwashwight fish someday. But I've got to be carefuw!" And he went on like that for the whole video. Humpback whales, common dolphins, arctic seals, even viper fish -- his favorite.

He's convinced he will hold them all someday. And he'll wove them. Considering he's probably allergic to most of the animal kingdom, I guess oceanography isn't out of the question...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How precious! Man, I want to squeeze the poo right outta him!

xoxo,
+ luci