Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Welcome Home, Cleo!



We've been promising for the last month to get Boo-Boo a fish for his birthday. (He's pretty crazy about all animals, but he's allergic to most, of course!) So, every time we went to the Wal Mart two blocks from our house, he'd insist on going by the fish tanks.

Last night we all made a special trip to those tanks for Boo-Boo to choose a fish. He was determined previously to get a black one, but waffled a little when it came down to making a final decision. I helped him choose a "Black Moor" -- a fluttery-finned, googly-eyed big black "gold" fish.

Boo-Boo was just thrilled. He kept begging to hold the fish, but I couldn't let him until we got home. There I had him sit with the fish bag while I prepped the bowl. Boo-Boo informed me that the fish was blowing him kisses and kissing his hand; he hugged and kissed the bag several times and said, "Oh, I wove this cute wittle fishy!"

Once I got the fish in the bowl, I asked Boo-Boo what we wanted to name it. (Isn't it always fascinating to see what these little buggers come up with?!) He said "Sea Gull." I asked him, "Like the bird?" He nodded. "Well, how about a different name -- it's not a bird; it's a fish." So he thought a second and said, "Cweo." Of course, he's named the fish after my old cat, but I think it's a fine name for a black lady fish. Cleo, it is! Now let's just hope she made it through the night...

No comments: