Wednesday, October 17, 2007

His Father's Son


This is how Boo-Boo colors. He takes one crayon at a time from his right side, draws one line with it on the paper, and neatly places it in a line on his left side. Then he turns to a new page, and takes a crayon from the left side, colors and lines them up on the right. Every time. Every day.

I've been told that when Dear Husband was a little boy, he'd line up his toys and just look at them. His little brother, though, would actually play with his toys.

Often I come across lines of toys that Boo-Boo has made, and I have to stifle laughter as X-Man tackles the neatly ordered toys (while BB shrieks). History seems to be repeating itself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhyeahhh. Lining them up was half the fun! I was taken, even at the age of 4, with putting objects in order. Something engrossing/ enchanting about knowing I could do business with the world around me -- I could make something else accord with the Rules I was learning (like that there's such a thing as order, and that grownups organize things).

How intriguing, to see not only this side of his personality, but to see him acting just like papa. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ron said...

Could you just die of happiness watching something like that! It's so exciting to see the wheels turning, and it just seems to make the whole world at peace when order reigns. God bless little bobo.

Anonymous said...

And what about "sad face"? It strikes again! Oh, how I want to eat him.

xoxo,
+ luci