Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lord, Have Mercy

As I am attempting to spiritually, mentally and physically prepare for my solo airplane ride with the boys tomorrow, I can't help but hear the old Mr. Mister song in my head -- but with alternative lyrics:

Kyrie eleison down the runway we must travel
Kyrie eleison through the darkness of this flight
Kyrie eleison where we're flying you will follow
Kyrie eleison on a mother in her fright

Pray for me. Pray for us. Lots. Hard. For all 170 minutes of this flight. May I be pleasantly surprised by the grace the Lord provides!

St. Christopher, pray for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a trip, my dear Stella. Only you. I'm so sad we weren't able to connect before you left. I tried to call you today and was promptly told "the caller is no longer on the line" after it would ring about four times. Argh. I am sure hoping all went well.

Big love,
+ luci

P.S. Give some love to the Sow for me, will ya?