Friday, February 29, 2008

Daddy Withdrawal


The boys have been spoiled by having Daddy home the last two days, even at his limited capacity. But when he suited up to go to the office today, X-Man knew a change had come. X dragged the lunch bag I had packed over to DH, started blowing kisses to him and said, "Hi! Hi! Hi!" -- which is his "hello" and "good-bye" greeting.

Boo Boo was not so well adjusted; he said that I should go to work and Daddy stay home. LOL! DH built a tower with him before he left, but still it was a hard good-bye.

Then during "quiet time" today, I was awakened to hear Boo Boo screaming somewhere in the house. I found him by the front door, crying. Bewildered, I asked him what was going on. He told me, woefully, "I'm crying for Daddy. I can't find him!"

I picked him up, and held him in the rocking chair, and gave Daddy a call. Let's just pray he'll be OK with DH leaving Sunday for four days! I'm not looking forward to breaking it to him. =(

No comments: