Monday, March 3, 2008

Love in the Middle of It All

I've just about had it with X-Man. He has been screeching at me for days, weeks, months it seems. Whatever I do, whatever I don't do, he screeches.

Tonight, I had had enough. Trying to eat dinner. Trying to ignore the screecher clawing at me from the floor. Trying hard not to lose it.

Then, in the middle of my mental anguish, I hear Boo Boo. "Mama, I wove zhou so much. Let's scooch together so we can give wots of hugs and kisses and smooches."

I looked up at him, and smiled, and let my scrunched up shoulders relax in relief. And I happily obliged his request. In the middle of the ongoing screeching.

Thank you, Boo Boo, for that saving moment. God bless your sweet, loving heart! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am experiencing lots of tantrum-technique experimenting from my dear 1-yr-old these days too! So happy to hear I'm not alone, although I do resent being her little guinea pig. I prefer just being the mommy, myself. AMD