Saturday, September 15, 2007

Our Grown-Up Boys


We continue to be amazed by how much and how quickly our boys are changing.

X-Man is a month away from his first birthday (Oct. 15)! He's still a tiny guy, but he's lithe and can be a wily little rascal. He can scuttle across a room in seconds, pulls up on anything stationary, climbs up stairs, is seriously flirting with cruising and can twist his body out of a diaper change at an alarming speed. X is definitely a tactile kid, preferring toys and gadgets to books (which he usually just wants to chew on; still no teeth!). He couldn't be happier than holding a remote control in one hand and a cell phone in the other. But his deepest love continues to be for his father and brother. I am simply a milk receptacle, as he has taken to almost crouching on my lap and facing me when nursing! LOL!

Boo-Boo thrilled me today at the "kitty-cat pool," as he calls it. (Get it? "Kiddie" and "kitty" sound the same to him.) We were in four feet of water when I decided to let go of him and see how he'd do on his own. (Don't worry; he had a floation vest on). Of course, he was perfectly fine on his own, as if he'd been waiting for me to let him loose all along.

I can't say that he's an Olympic swimmer, as I'm sure he'd sink to the bottom without his vest. But it was startling to see my fat-faced first baby floating alone, out of arm's reach, and not concerned in the least. He leaned back, gazed up at the sky and said, with a big smile, "Wook, Mama! The cwouds are soo beautiful!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to squeeze him silly!

xoxo,
+ luci