Thursday, January 31, 2008

Somebody Pinch Me!

I'm almost afraid to put this in black and white, in fear that I will be disappointed and proven wrong once again. But I think Boo Boo may be done with diapers. Finally. Once and for all. I think this because today HE said he didn't want to wear them. No candy. No prizes. No bribes.

He was complaining about having his diaper changed before we headed out today, and I simply said, "You wouldn't have to do a diaper change if you wore big boy pants and went to the potty like Samuel." (Samuel is Boo Boo's new best friend of two weeks, whom he utterly adores.) And Boo Boo said, "I don't want to wear diapers anymore. Diapers are for babies, like X-Man." I affirmed him, then confirmed and reconfirmed his new conviction before I dug out the underwear and training pants.

So far, he's had no accidents and gone potty for me without complaint three times. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that this is it!

UPDATE: Only one #1 accident yesterday; none as of dinner time Friday. Every time I ask, he still wants to wear big boy underpants. Praise God! Now, let's just hope he'll start telling us when he has to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Izi was that simple. All I had to tell her was that she had flown on an airplane and now she didn't need diapers. That was it! Not even one at night.

It is about conviction. It sure sounds like Boo Boo is ready to go.