Monday, January 28, 2008

Laissez les bons temps rouler!


Dear Husband left last night for his business trip to New Orleans. It isn't Mardi Gras yet (that's Feb. 5 -- Lent is uber early this year!), but I guess he'll get to see a few parades as they rev up for next week. And then there are sumptuous dinners at some of the city's best restaurants. And a top-floor hotel room with a view of the historic quarter. I don't think "work" has ever been so enjoyable! ;-)

(Yes, we've been tempted to tag along on these excursions. But due to the recent ER visits, general traveling stress and Boo Boo's fun new allergy to mold, we've decided against it.)

I'm not worried about DH whooping it up too much; he almost packed his bow tie. Plus, he called as soon as he got to his hotel room and said he missed us already. The feeling is mutual. Boo Boo awoke at 6am in a daze, asking where Daddy was. I bundled him back to bed with a snack, and snuggled him extra long. I'm not as good as Daddy, but I try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm not worried about DH whooping it up too much; he almost packed his bow tie."

Oh, how I love Slice. He's so practical! ; )

+ luci