Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Not-So-Well Child Check-up


I took both boys to the doctor today -- X-Man for his 15-month well child check-up, and Boo Boo for a follow-up from last week.

The good news is that X-Man is getting taller; he is 20 lb, 3 oz (still fifth percentile) and 30 inches long (25th percentile!). The bad news is that he has a cold of his own and is hacking away.

Boo-Boo's ear is looking better, but he still has a wicked cough. (I did end up taking him into the ER on Sunday for a chest x-ray, which indicated that he did not, in fact, have bronchitis or pneumonia.) Our much nicer doctor recommended a stronger neb treatment twice a day for the next three months. He's really gonna love that! We're also going to check in with an allergist, which we normally do annually...

Meanwhile, I have come down with a serious sinus infection again that has just wiped me out for the count. And Dear Husband awoke this morning hacking and aching like the rest of us.

We're quite a sorry lot! =P But at least we're all in this together...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You too? I missed school yesterday because of being sick :( feel better!

Anonymous said...

There must be something going around... I had my initial SI around Christmas and the stuffiness/coughing/sore throat is still hanging around. Sigh.

Hope you all get better soon!
+ lucienne