Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Happy Mother's Days

We've had a lovely past few days, despite the annoying malaise being passed from one to the other.

Friday night, a dear colleague of Dear Husband graciously watched the boys for us while we went out on a date to our favorite restaurant. When we came home, the house was spic and span -- she even cleaned the STOVETOP! God bless her!

Saturday we spent almost all day in our pajamas, as Dear Husband got sicker and Boo Boo hacked away between nebs.

Sunday, DH was basically down for the count. I got some very nice Mother's Day cards from him and the boys, got to go shopping by myself during naptime and went out to a fun dinner. But that was about it. DH has declared that he'll take better care of me Father's Day, instead.

My best "gift" was definitely on Saturday night. Boo Boo fell asleep in the car on the way to Mass; DH went in with X-Man and I let BB sleep for a half hour longer. Then I got to awaken him, hoist him out of the car and carry his brick-house self to the church.

He laid on me for the rest of Mass as we sat in the crying room, and he almost fell asleep again. And due to a conveniently placed mirror to the side of us, I got to gaze at his flushed, chubby chickadee face, snuggled against my chest. It was like having him as a big, fat baby again, but only for a moment.

No comments: