Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bizarre Moment of the Night

I think Boo Boo had his first official nightmare last night. I was awakened to him screaming "Mama! Mama! The flies are getting me!" in the middle of the living room. Totally bizarre!

I tried rocking and comforting him. I tried to explain that I caught all the flies and put them out the window. I tried putting him back to bed alone, twice. No matter what I tried, he continued to be completely hysterical, batting at invisible flies and crying, "They're on my eyes! They're on my ears!" And he was crying so much that he was coughing pretty bad.

After more than an hour of this, I pulled out the big guns and threw everything at him. I gave him Tylenol, an antihistamine, changed his diaper, nebbed him and snuggled him. Finally, finally, finally, he fell asleep in his bed and I army-crawled out of his room.

And then I couldn't fall asleep for more than an hour.

It's going to be an early night for us tonight! =P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flies, ish! We are going through similar things, but less dramatic, since Joseph is more private and seems to prefer that I just "trust" that he had a bad dream without going into details. After many sleepless nights sharing our bed, I took a cue from Danielle Bean and made a small bed by my side of the bed and that is what did the trick for us. Now he just wants a hug and then climbs into his "little bed." I hope this is an isolated incident for you! AMD

Seasonal Learner said...

Oh, poor pumpkin! The bed next to the bed sounds like a fantastic idea. I think I'll steal it someday.