Thursday, May 8, 2008

Enjoying, and Learning, Docility

It's been a quiet, low-key week -- mostly due to yet another sinus infection for me. =P (Something is always blooming down here!) Lots of passive parenting from the prone position on the floor, which delights the boys. They love having me on their level and climbing on, sitting on and snuggling up to me. Boo Boo has been giving me many kisses to make me feel better.

This week has made me remember how important it is to slow down sometimes and really give them my full attention -- not just do things to them or work around them. The housework will always be with us!

It's also been good for me in growing in virtue. Because I've had much less energy, I haven't been getting as frustrated, impatient, annoyed or upset as usual. Usually when I'm sick, it's a time of grouchiness, self-pity and self-absorption. What a grace it's been to be meek of body, and see how I should be reacting all the time to my little charges. What a blessing to be learning to forget my aches and ailments, and focus on others, and smile at them through it all.

Just another way that motherhood is my highway to heaven!

No comments: