Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Three Months: An Early Morning Reflection


As I mark the completion of our third month being in Texas, it's starting to feel like we've been here longer. After we returned from Minnesota, it was actually nice to fall back into the rhythm of our life here. I feel like we finally know how to operate here and now.

So, here's an update on us.

* Dear Husband is intensifying his job search for when his current position ends in September of 2008. Please pray that we see, accept and follow God's will for us.

* I feel like I'm doing better ... most days! We do have hard times here and there, but I am getting a better perspective about things. I think I've accepted how life is now (with Jason's work schedule and being alone so much) and just gotten used to it -- what a relief! Pray that I will continue to manage well and keep an even keel around here.

* X-Man is a delight to behold, as always. He just got his third tooth and is eating more and more finger food. He's climbing on everything and cruising more around the house. His first step should be any day -- but no rush! He is fiercely in LOVE with his Daddy; I can hardly tear him away from Dear Husband, and when I do, he screams! LOL!

* During this last month, I feel like Boo Boo, too, has gotten used to things. Phew! He's chilled out a bit and is acting more like himself (wanting to go to parks, excited to see his new friends in playgroups, etc). And he and I have grown particularly close lately, which I am enjoying. Of course, he is a bit confused about where he lives, especially after our trip to Minnesota; he keeps asking to go to Grandma's or Uncle's or a friend's house when we get in the minivan. When I tell him that they live in Minnesota and we live in Texas, he seems to accept it well.

Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 months! Sounds like you're not only surviving, but thriving. Way to go! AMD