Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What We've Been Up To

I've been hearing some rumblings that I haven't posted much lately. We've just been busy with our usual schedule of moms' groups/play dates, parks and as much fun outdoor time as possible. I've been trying to pack a box or two every day, so I don't get slammed at the end.

The boys have been doing well -- progressing nicely and staying healthy. Boo Boo keeps getting taller, stronger and heavier. (He's been awakening us at night in hunger and with hurting legs -- growing pains!) Some days he looks like a six-year-old to us! X-Man is retaining his tiny physique, but is lengthening some and FINALLY has become an enthusiastic eater (and only nursing twice a day -- a miracle!)

Boo Boo is seeing letters and numbers everywhere and is beginning to sound out words. X-Man, not to be left out, has taken to dancing to and humming along with the alphabet song, and pointing out letters around the house. Amazing how they are learning together!

Many of you are asking questions about our upcoming move, so here are some answers:

* My mom is coming down to help with the boys the last few days we're here; then she and I and the boogers will be flying to MN on June 1. Dear Husband will be driving up our beater car later, depending on when he can wrap up his job here.

* We have been BLESSED with movers, which is a huge relief! We'll probably transport the minivan. (Yes, we are wimps; I am NOT driving back to MN with the boys no matter what. (Surprisingly, X-Man is awful in the car; Boo Boo is near perfect. Who'd have guessed?!) My mental health has a price tag on it!)

* We will be moving back to our old house in MN, opening up the whole thing. My dear childhood friend, Auntie J, will be renting out a few rooms upstairs, but the rest of the rooms will be filled with the boys' toys, an office for us and a family room. Yay for space!

* We had to break our lease down here, so please pray that someone will want to rent this house June 1 so we don't have to pay two months extra rent! Of course, a realtor is trying to show the house, which is no small feat with two messy boys. =P

Otherwise, Dear Husband is going out of town again this weekend for another conference in D.C., and the boys and I will be hanging low. Perhaps a Saturday trip to the zoo? A splurge dinner at Chipotle? Who knows what excitement awaits! ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is how I eat my spagetti as well... but I get a bit more on my forehead.