Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Berry Good Time

We were blessed enough to go strawberry picking today at a farm with some friends. It was a perfect day -- sunny with a few clouds, a cool breeze and 80 degrees.

Boo Boo was an enthusiastic picker -- or should I say, eater? I think if these farmers were serious, they'd weigh the kids before and after they're in the strawberry fields to get the TRUE amount of strawberry's picked.

Most of BB's harvest went from hand to mouth, and finally, I had to cut him off. X-Man indulged in only a few.

As I was sitting in the field with a belly full of sun-warmed strawberries, watching all of our precious children bend and squat and pick down the rows, I smiled at the bliss of it all.

"Is this heaven?" I thought to myself. No, it's Texas springtime!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How sweet! We had a great time, too, and I'm so glad you were able to make it because we're really going to miss you when y'all leave.

Ann said...

Sheep riding and strawberry picking...so much fun. I have always wanted to go to a strawberry patch but never have been able too. My Elijah is a strawberry fiend. The only strawberries we are getting lately are the one's we buy at Walmart for $1.50, they must be coming from Texas.