Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Conversations with Mr. Jesus

Today I was doing dishes in the kitchen while Boo Boo ate his lunch at the dining room table. He was clutching in one of his hands his Central American cross with Jesus as the Good Shepherd painted on it. Then he said to Jesus on his cross:

Boo Boo: Hello, Mr. Jesus! Are you the Good Shepherd?

In my "Mr. Jesus" voice, I said from the kitchen: Yes, I am. And you are my little lamb.

Boo Boo: Did you have 12 apostles?

"Mr. Jesus": That's right!

Boo Boo: Did you die on the Cross for my sins?

"Mr. Jesus": Yes; I died for you because I love you.

These little dialogues not only lift my heart in gratitude for my beautiful little boy, who knows Jesus, and loves him, and feels comfortable asking him all sorts of questions. But they remind me how easy it should be for all of us to talk to Jesus. We just have to start the conversation.

No comments: